I am so proud to be an RDN and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member! Like YOU, I am grateful for what we have accomplished—and excited about what is possible. With bold leadership, I know we CAN change the world!
I have such aspirations for each of us!
- We have a solid science-based foundation and core strengths to impact the future of our profession and health and quality of life of our clients and consumers. I aspire to impact this foundation, through enhanced efforts focusing on research, communication, and professional development.
- We have the best-educated practitioners in the world of food and nutrition. I aspire to support you, our students, educators, NDTRs and RDNs in your on-going education needs and education model changes.
- We have a common bond based on our academic rigor, training and state of the art knowledge that we have honed in our specialty practice areas. I aspire to foster and promote our DPGs, MIGs and specialty practice certifications.
- Our mission unites us and elevates our purpose, as we accelerate improvements in global health and wellbeing through food and nutrition. I aspire to foster our three focus areas, prevention and well-being, health care and health systems and food and nutrition safety and security through focused attention on tangible outcomes.
We have so much more to accomplish!
- We must be seen as the definitive authority in food and nutrition. Our challenges lie in our ability to be change makers: to achieve tangible, measurable outcomes and to widely broadcast these results.
- We must take greater ownership and be innovative in food and nutrition arenas and rise beyond those who disregard us or are unaware of our value.
- We must utilize all of our strengths to leverage greater recognition and higher compensation across all areas of practice.
- We must find more robust ways to support licensure, coverage for nutrition services, professional reimbursement and advocacy efforts, in order to protect the public and ensure that future RDN and NDTR jobs are written into regulations.
- We must spearhead the Academy to propel us forward and focus on strengthening the actions that produce these results.
- We must build a larger, more diverse and engaged membership for immeasurable benefits to our Academy, profession and clients.
My message resonates clearly:
- Bold Leadership for Progress
- The Power of Diversity and Innovation for Change
- The Value of Measurable Outcomes for Success
Linda T. Farr, RDN, CSOWM, LD, FAND
Linda has served in leadership roles at the local, state, and national levels for many years. Linda is the leader our organization needs and is truly one of the most outstanding dietitians I have ever met.
Linda has a history of being awesome as a person and professional and would be an asset to the Academy as President.
Linda has a vision for the future of Food and Nutrition that is based in sound science that empowers delivery by qualified credentialed nutrition professionals.
Linda has been a great mentor for me and would be a great president!
I agree that entrepreneurial RDs bring sets of skills to the position of AND president that are needed today…Good luck with your road to AND President-elect.
Best of luck Linda! I think you will make a fantastic leader of AND.